We help at-risk youth with some of the most difficult problems you can imagine. Abraxas team members are committed to making a difference in the lives of youth. If you want a career that literally makes a difference, if your looking for a fast pace, flexibility, a work environment which promotes teamwork and collaboration, and opportunities for advancement then Abraxas is for you! Can it be challenging? Yes. This line of work requires a person to be both tough and compassionate. It can be stressful, requires a lot of work and professional growth, and will require you to step out of your comfort zone, but you will be part of something much larger than yourself. You will be making a difference in the life of a young person and helping them build a better future for themselves, their family and the community they live in or are returning home to. Some Abraxas team members join the company and build skills and a resume for other fields like Education, Law Enforcement, or Social Services. Others find a niche that suits them, and can’t imagine ever doing anything else.
The basic concept is that treatment, counseling, and/or education services are offered close to home, and the at-risk youth continues to live at home while participating in these services. This could be an anger management counseling session offered twice a week in an office setting, family counseling offered in the home, or alternative education services offered in lieu of a normal public school setting.
In this scenario, typically a youth services agency recommends out of home services to the court. A judge determines that the young person cannot remain at home or in the community. The youth is then referred to a residential treatment program where he or she will receive treatment, counseling, educational services and recreational programming in addition to housing, meals and medical services.
Click on the career field below to see what paths are available for you at Abraxas
ALL ABRAXAS PROGRAMS ARE GUIDED BY OUR SEVEN KEY PRINCIPLES® OF CARE.
- People Security
- Program Security
- Accountability/Responsibility/High Expectations
- Role Modeling
- Dignity and Respect
- Cleanliness/Environment of Care
- Our staff empower young men and women to make positive changes in their behavior, their attitude, and their beliefs
- Our staff set the standards for behavior and model the behaviors they teach
- Abraxas operates 11 residential programs and 9 community based programs across six states
- Each program or facility employs a variety of positions from Direct Care to Support Services; we encourage employees to gain experience in different areas to find the right fit
- Most program and facility directors got their start with us in Direct Care and what started out as a job, became their career
- Medical & Prescription
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- Basic Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment
- Short-Term & Long-Term Disability
- 401(k) Savings Plan
- Employee Stock Purchase Program
- Tuition Assistance Program
- Paid Time Off
- Nine Paid Holidays Per Year
- Employee Assistance Program
- College Partnerships
- Sign On Bonuses at select locations - Talk to a Recruiter for details